Due to not having the internet at home, it is a bit difficult at times to keep up with e-mails and blogging. Therefore, this is a long post updating y’all on a few different areas:
I just returned from Southern California, where I enjoyed a marvelous vacation with my parents. We were blessed to stay for a week at a timeshare that my mom was given from her class last year! What a huge blessing! We stayed at Capistrano Beach – right across the street from the beach. We went to Dana Point, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and more places that I’m sure I forgot.
The best part of the trip for me was seeing friends from college. A couple girls from my wing came over and hung out for the afternoon one day – it was so great to see them! Our hotel was about 15 minutes from my dear friend Mary’s house – which was basically amazing! We got to hang out several times and enjoy hours of talking, laughing, movies, food, coffee (of course!), and more talking and laughing! We ended our vacation by spending the night in Santa Clarita (where I attended The Master’s College). I was able to have dinner with a couple friends – so great! Then on Sunday, I got to attend Grace Community Church, which was my church at college for a year and a half. I have been looking forward to that for the last couple months. I got to hear my college pastor – Rick Holland – preach an amazing message out of James 4:1-10. Also, Dr. Mayhue preached for John MacArthur (who was on vacation – sad times!), and he preached a great message from Rev. 19. I was so blessed by the preaching, worship, and fellowship with God’s people there! I was able to see so many friends.
It was a very refreshing time for me, and I praise God for the opportunities He gave me!
I applied for my visa about a week and a half ago. I haven’t heard anything yet – I am assuming it will take a while. I will update you as soon as I hear anything!
I am going to start on my next newsletter – so you can be looking out for that.
I have had the opportunity to share the Gospel with a few people this summer … please pray for their salvation!
– That I would trust the Lord as I am getting overwhelmed with the fact that I am really going to Venice, Italy for a year … and there is a lot to do before September 19th when I leave!
– That the Lord would continue to provide financial and prayer support.
– That my visa would be granted in a timely manner.
– I have been so blessed to see the generosity of people in giving financially! It’s wonderful to watch people faithfully serve the Lord with what He has given them!
– I am rejoicing in my salvation. I am so thankful that the Lord chose me – He opened my blind eyes and brought me to Himself! I always have a reason to be thankful. In C.J. Mahaney’s words, “I’m better than I deserve.”